1. More than a billion tweets are send every 48 hours.
2. One million accounts are added to Twitter every day.
3. Two new members join LinkedIn every second (172.800 per day)
4. Every sixty seconds, 293.000 status updates are posted on Facebook
5. The average Facebook user creates 90 pieces of content each month, including links, news stories, photo albums, notes and video’s.
6. Netherlands has the highest penetration of social media users.
7. The average amount of time per day that Americans spend on Facebook is 40 minutes.
8. Five hundred new Facebook accounts are added every minute.
9. Each day 350 million photos are uploaded to Facebook which equates to 4,000 photos per second.
10. If Wikipedia were a book it would be more than two billion pages.
See more at: http://www.iacpsocialmedia.org/Resources/FunFacts.aspx#sthash.rO1nQAws.dpuf